The 1st “Semboku International Drone Film Festival” was held in 2018. Since then, it has developed into a video festival that receives works every year from within Japan and from around the world.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year the festival is scheduled to be held online.
We will screen and announce nominated works, let participants view drone films collected from around the world, and present other offerings for everyone to enjoy.
The possibilities of the aerial images captured by drones are endless.
All kinds of visual worlds can be delivered by creators.
We seek to create a meaningful video festival by which people connect with the world through drones.
Submission and Prize information
First screening: late December, 2020 to early February, 2021
Second screening: early to mid February, 2021
Announcement of results and awarding: Sunday, March 21st, 2021
- NATURE ( e.g., Natural scenery, Animals, Plants and etc)
- CREATIVITY (e.g., Stories, Travel, Events and etc)
- TOURISM PROMOTION (e.g., Travel promotion videos, Festivals and etc)
- Grand Prize 1 winner 300,000 Japanese Yen (Cash)
- Excellent Prize 1 winner from each category 50,000 Japanese Yen travel coupon
- Semboku Mayor Prize 1 winner from all nominated entries, Souvenir
- Rookie Prize※1 1winner Souvenir
- Special judges’ Prize 1 winner from all nominated entries, Souvenir
2019 AwardTHE SNOWFIELD:
A JOURNEY INTO THE WILD
2018 AwardFestoon Island Japan